Sunday, September 26, 2010

Church Retreat '10

In September 2008 we did our first church retreat which is featured here for your viewing pleasure :). Two years seem to have flown by and on Thursday we headed up to North Georgia to once again enjoy a weekend of fellowship with our church family.

Andre and I went up a day early again, which really helped in preparing for the weekend. That evening I was reflecting on what it had been like the first time I'd done the retreat. This time it was strange to go back and plan and execute pretty much the EXACT same thing all over again, and yet feel very different in myself. Kind of like a deja vu experience. The past two years have brought pain and joy and closer relationships, new friends, quite a few more gray hairs and a beautiful baby boy. But I also feel different on the inside. I think there has certainly been a deepening in my spirit. And bit of growing up. And I'm thankful for the things in my life, even the difficult things, that have brought that about.

But enough reflecting for now! We had a great time this weekend and things went remarkably smoothly. I guess the second time around is always easier. Check-in was Friday, with a bonfire and 'smores to end the day. Saturday we had sessions all morning, free time in the afternoon and a talent show in the evening which produced some good laughs and much entertainment. After a rainy night (poor campers!), we had a special worship service and headed home this afternoon. I, for one, am very glad to be sleeping in my own bed tonight!

Although I didn't have much time to just hang out, it was really special to have my sister and brother there with their families. Unfortunately, we don't have a photo all together which I'm really bummed about! Oh well.
Here are a few photos we managed to snap of the weekend:


The entrance to the property


Ariel view



View from our balcony


Thanks Robin for playing with Jack and helping us this weekend!



Not so sure about Mummy's short hair!
(well, Mummy's not so sure either!)



Hanging out with Daddy in the Fireplace Lounge



All the kiddos came into the service this morning and sang
us songs they'd learned in the childrens program




Jack ready to go to nursery this morning



And, of course, the cousin twins...









Sean and Ness with their girls



And us
(dreadful photo of us all, but the only family one from the whole weekend!)


2 comments:

Fleurwarton said...

I think the hair looks stunning, Christy! So elegant and pretty! You've inspired me to have my own cut!

Brie said...

What a beautiful spot for a retreat.

And, I think your hair looks FABULOUS! You definitely have the right facial structure to pull it off and it looks great :)